, , , , , , , , ,

Actual typed word: aneurysmoplasty
Definition (in normal English): the surgical repair of an aneurysm in an artery

Options for correction, according to the built-in spellcheck dictionary:

  • aneurysm
  • angioplasty
  • thermoplastic
  • neurophysiology
  • Rumpelstiltskin
  • counterexample

Okay, okay.. so I realize the word I typed is medical-jargon specific. I dig it. The first two options seem the most logical. The third and fourth both sound very similar.

But who in the HELL thinks that Rumpelstiltskin (which, by the way, I spelled incorrectly when first typing it in this post) is a word that people need spellchecked?

Aw. Snap.
Touché, Mr. Spellcheck Dictionary creator. Touché.


p.s., On another note, why the HELL is “spellcheck” spellchecked? Has the verb “google” beat “spellcheck” into the dictionary?